We are proud to announce that the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP) has welcomed Southern Cross Protection as a Program Partner.
As a partner, we actively work to promote road safety, provide road safety case studies, and collaborate on policies and procedures issued by the NRSPP.
Southern Cross Protection’s patrol services group operates 150 vehicles 365 days per year 24 hours per day with the majority of travel conducted between 18:00 and 6:00 am and each driver averages about 300 km per night.
What does road safety mean to Southern Cross Protection?
We recognise that both our work and personal crash exposure is one of our highest risks. We have implemented a road safety management system and are continually working to improve and innovate this system to keep our drivers, our clients and our communities safe while we travel on public and private roads.
Our system includes (but isn’t limited to) the following components:
- Purchasing vehicles that are fit for purpose and have the highest safety rating system.
- Ensuring our vehicles are rigorously serviced and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
- Assessing our driver competency pre-employment, post incident and as a minimum annually.
- Developing on going driver-training programs to develop physical and cognitive driving skills and influence attitudes and behaviours.
- Installing GPS and in car camera systems in all vehicles to monitor and incentivise safe driver behaviours, maintenance and driver location.
We look forward to working with NRSPP in 2017 and beyond.
What are Southern Cross Protection’s NRSPP road safety commitments, and by when? Learn more here.